June 12-16, 2017
Fuller Theological Seminary Northwest
Our participants will have access to a wide range of resources, conversations, and learning opportunities including:
1. Excellent readings in worship, theology, and the arts.
2. Rich lectures from experienced worship leaders, theologians, and artists.
3. Intimate interaction with scholars from Fuller Theological Seminary.
4. Relevant conversations with fellow worship leaders.
5. Free admission to next year’s Cascadia Worship & Arts conference.
6. Access to conversations with a multitude of worship pastors in the Seattle area through afternoon church site visits.
Effective worship leadership requires more than musical talent. Our participants will be trained in five aspects of worship leadership:
1. Theological understanding of faithful worship.
2. Liturgical creativity and formation through design and narrative.
3. Cultural awareness and relevance in worship planning.
4. Pastoral care and spiritual formation for leading worship with integrity and pastoral leadership.
5. Practical resources for planning worship services including musicianship, working with teams, and more.
Daily Schedule (View Detailed Curriculum Here):
10am-3pm – Topical Teaching Session
4-5pm – Site Visit
Readings include both practical and theological resources for worship leadership. Readings draw from historical and contemporary sources from a variety of Christian traditions. Reading assignments will average about 30 pages per teaching session (150 pages in total). View the curriculum and schedule here.
The total cost of the program is $375. The cost covers lunch, articles, speaker expenses, program development, site visits, and some curriculum costs. Students may be required to purchase additional texts and are encouraged to engage their church communities to sponsor program fees.
Applications are due April 15, 2017; and $100 of the program fee is due on May 1st in the form of a non-refundable deposit.
The Cascadia Worship Leader Training is hosted by the Fuller Institute for Theology and Northwest Culture, 9725 3rd NE Suite 110, Seattle, WA 98115.